Please "like" and "share" this page and the individual pages you visit here.
As Jews we pray for the coming of HaMashiach, the Messiah, thrice daily. We will know him when he comes because the prophets gave us the requirements he must fulfill. Over the past thousands of years many have arisen claiming to be our Messiah. To date NONE of them have meet the requirements. This is why knowledgeable religious Jews and Noahidim do not accept any of these men. Let's look at the some of essential Messianic requirements:
Mishna Torah, Laws of Kings and their Wars
Maimonides (Rambam), Chapter 11, Law #4:If a king will arise from the House of David who delves deeply into the study of the Torah and, like David his ancestor, observes its mitzvahs as prescribed by the Written Law and the Oral Law; if he will compel all of Israel to walk in [the way of the Torah] and repair the breaches [in its observance]; and if he will fight the wars of G-d; - we may, with assurance, consider him Moshiach.Who has met these requirements?
If he succeeds in the above, builds the Beit HaMikdash on its site [i.e. the Third Jerusalem Temple on the Holy Mount], and gathers in the dispersed remnant of Israel, he is definitely the Moshiach.
He will then perfect the entire world, [motivating all the nations] to serve G-d together, as it is written [Zephaniah, 3:9], "I will make the peoples pure of speech so that they will all call upon the Name of G-d and serve Him with one purpose."
"And you shall speak to him, saying, "So said the Lord of Hosts, saying: Behold a man whose name is the Shoot [referencing the descendant of David Messianic prophecy of Isaiah 11], who will spring up out of his place and build the Temple of the Lord. And he shall build the Temple of the Lord, and he shall bear glory. And he shall sit and rule on his throne, and the priest shall be on his throne. And a counsel of peace shall be between them [both] -- Zechariah 6: 12,13.
When Will the Mashiach Come?
There are a wide variety of opinions on the subject of when the mashiach will come. Some of Judaism's greatest minds have cursed those who try to predict the time of the mashiach's coming, because errors in such predictions could cause people to lose faith in the messianic idea or in Judaism itself. This actually happened in the 17th century, when Shabbatai Tzvi claimed to be the mashiach. When Tzvi converted to Islam under threat of death, many Jews converted with him. Nevertheless, this prohibition has not stopped anyone from speculating about the time when the mashiach will come.
Although some scholars believed that G-d has set aside a specific date for the coming of the mashiach, most authority suggests that the conduct of mankind will determine the time of the mashiach's coming. In general, it is believed that the mashiach will come in a time when he is most needed (because the world is so sinful), or in a time when he is most deserved (because the world is so good). Source
- If Klal Israel repents in a single day;
- If Klal Israel observes a single Shabbat properly;
- If Klal Israel observes two consecutive Shabbatot properly (based on a much discussed text but which may have other implications);
- If a generation of Klal Israel is totally innocent or totally guilty;
- If a generation of Klal Israel loses all hope;
- If a generation if Klal Israel produces children that are totally disrespectful towards their parents and elders;
The Two Options:
If the Jewish people choose to humble themselves and embrace the truth of Torah they will lead the world to HaShem and then:Isaiah 56:7 I will bring them to My holy mount, and I will cause them to rejoice in My house of prayer, their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be acceptable upon My altar, for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.If this does not happen however, and history is not encouraging on this score, then HaShem will eventually make it happen through Mashiach ben Yosef according to our sages:Sanhedrin Folio 97a: ...Thus hath R. Johanan said: in the generation when the son of David [i.e. Messiah] will come, scholars will be few in number, and as for the rest, their eyes will fail through sorrow and grief. Multitudes of trouble and evil decrees will be promulgated anew, each new evil coming with haste before the other has ended.'So, according to Rabbi Joshua, if the Jewish people fail to embrace Torah we WILL suffer terribly. This globalist despot "as cruel as Haman" will come and his persecutions will drive us to repentence. As we look around us today it appears to many that he may be rising now. If so, we may be entering the most harsh period in human history. I discuss this in much more detail in my study Two Messiahs?
Sanhedrin 97b: ... Rab said: All the predestined dates [for redemption] have passed, and the matter [now] depends only on repentance and good deeds...
R. Eliezer said: if Israel repent, they will be redeemed; if not, they will not be redeemed.
R. Joshua said to him, if they do not repent, will they not be redeemed! [i.e. not so] But the Holy One, blessed be He, will set up a king over them, whose decrees shall be as cruel as Haman's, whereby Israel shall engage in repentance, and he will thus bring them back to the right path.
Can we avoid this coming globalist despot? Certainly we can make serious teshuvah (repentence). But will we? In the quote to the right Rebbe Nachman of Breslov warns: Great Atheism is coming. He penned these words in the late 1700s during a time, by comparison with our own, when Atheism was vitually non-existent.
Here's a list of biblical requirements the Messiah must meet:
Isaiah 2, 11, 42; 59:20
Jeremiah 23, 30, 33; 48:47; 49:39
Ezekiel 37:24-28 38:16
- The Ingathering of the Jewish Exiles
Jeremiah 30:3, 32:37
Ezekiel 11:17, 36:24
- Gentiles will embrace Seven Laws and worship at Rebuilt Temple
Isaiah 2:2,3, 56:7
- Messiah Rules as King of Israel
- Rebuilding of the Holy Jerusalem Temple
Zechariah 6: 12,13
Isaiah 2:2,3, 56:6,7, 66:20
- Global Peace
Isaiah 2:1-4, 60:18
- All Jews will become Torah Observant
\Deuteronomy 30:8, 10
Ezekiel 11:19,20, 36:26,27
- Global Knowledge of God
Zechariah 3:9, 8:23, 14:9, 16
Isaiah 45:23, 66:23
- No More IdolatryIsaiah 2:18
- Rises from House of David, descendant of King David and Solomon
II Samuel 7:12-14
I Chronicles 22:9-10 (genealogy in the Bible is always patrilineal: Numbers 1:1-8)
From the above sources we learn that HaMashiach must meet the following essential criteria to be accepted (in no particular order):
- He must be a fully human Jewish male who reigns as King of Israel. (i.e. not an "incarnation of God," a "space brother" etc).
- He must be able to trace his lineage back to the House of David.
- He must be an accomplished Torah Scholar
- He must be a fully Torah observant Jew.
- He must inspire the non-Jews to abandon their religions (including Christianity and Islam) and attach themselves to the Torah of HaShem and to worship in His Holy House as Noahides or converts to Judaism.
- He must lead the Jewish people in teshuvah (repentance) and obedience to HaShem and His Torah
- He must unite the Jewish people and do away with the movements and other distractions.
- He must cause all the Jews of the Diaspora (i.e. those scattered among the Gentile nations) to return Home to Israel .
- He must fight the necessary wars of God and establish Israeli supremacy throughout all the Lands granted us by HaShem in Torah.
- He must cause the Beit HaMikdash ("House of the Holy") to be rebuilt on the Temple Mount at the Sacred Rock.
Who has met these requirements?
When someone comes and accomplishes all of the above conditions we can know that HaMashiach has come. Until then we continue to wait.
May he come soon and lead us all to freedom!
Got Questions or Comments?
Let me know
Be the Blessing you were created to be
Don't let the perfect defeat the good
Der Alte Weg
Boycott Jew Hatred!
Chicoans For Israel